Hi ladies! Is anyone sick of the cold weather yet? I know I definitely am. I took a bit of a social media break this past month because I just started my new job, which has been great but also very stressful, and I’ve been working 50+ hour weeks and trying to learn everything as quickly as possible so I’m sorry for being so neglectful. I’ve posted a few Instagrams here and there but literally haven’t had much time to do anything else! You all have been so great about giving me content ideas and I promise I’ll be answering all your requests soon!
Which brings me to what my post is about today – what I’ve been keeping in my everyday makeup bag recently! I’ve never been a huge expert on makeup and usually just wing it so I’m quite flattered that that’s one of the things you’ve all been asking about! I learn most of my tricks from my friend Mikayla, she’s the real makeup wiz.
ANYWAYS, I’ve added a few of my everyday products below but here are my top 5:
- If I had to recommend one product, it would definitely be the Farsali Rose Gold Elixir. The small bottle is only $20 and it is the best primer I’ve EVER used (even better than my Becca and I swore by my Becca for years). It gives a very bright, illuminating look and helps hold your makeup in place plus – OMG THAT HIGHLIGHT.
- So this one’s for my girls that like to get ready in 10 minutes but still care about their contour – the Benefit Hoola Quickie Cream Contour Stick has been my best friend this winter. It’s so creamy and blends very easily. I’m always on the go and adding a powder contour can sometimes be a pain if I forgot my contour brush. BUT the beauty about my Hoola Stick is I can buff it out using my foundation brush or even my fingers if I really needed to! Just one less thing I don’t have to think about in the morning.
- OK THIS ONE’S REAL IMPORTANT – do you have dark circles??? Is this whole full-time job-not-getting-to-sleep-in-life-sucking-post-college-quarter-life-crisis making you look like the walking dead? OK so that may have been a tad dramatic but the dark circles/bags under my eyes nowadays are actually terrifying (God bless the one’s that have to see me without makeup). I have tried every concealer in the book (Nars, Makeup Forever, Lancome, etc.) and not one of those even compares to Tarte’s Shape Tape. It literally makes every blemish just disappear into thin air and the best part about it? It doesn’t feel heavy or cake-y at all. It’s only found at Ulta and pretty inexpensive for how well it works.
- So I’ve put on my primer, foundation, concealer, contour and now it’s time to add some powder. I always use my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Power when I need to get ready quickly. I apply it all over my face to give my skin a natural-satin look which is perfect for an everyday look. Then add some blush and highlight and your face is all set!
- Don’t think I’ve forgotten to do my eyes! I recently switched over to Kat Von D’s Tattoo Liner and I quickly became a huge fan. I used Stila’s Liquid Liner for many years but the Tattoo Liner isn’t as dewy and it lasts longer. And it’s only $20!